1. What is a Transdermal CBD Patch?
A CBD patch is a Band-aid™-like piece of plastic infused with the cannabinoid CBD. To get relief from chronic issues like pain and anxiety, you simply apply the CBD patch to a venous part of your body (that’s veins, not the planet), like your ankle, your arm, or the inside of your wrist. Your body heat activates the patch and causes it to release a small amount of THC through your skin and into your bloodstream.
2. How does a Transdermal CBD Patch work?
When you apply a transdermal CBD patch to your skin, you set up a drug concentration gradient. That’s just fancy speak that means the patch contains a lot of cannabinoid, while your skin does not. When a substance (like heat or CBD) is in high concentration, it naturally wants to spread out into the surrounding area. The nice thing about transdermal delivery is that it bypasses your lungs, liver, and stomach (places where your body filters or breaks down the cannabinoid). So you get 100 percent of the medicinal value of the CBD.
Several factors come into play when determining dosage including weight, diet, metabolism, sleep patterns, stress levels and genetics. We suggest starting with 1 Transdermal CBD Patch (20mgs) and see how you react. You can slowly increase the dose over the next few days to find the most effective dose for you and your goals. Most people stick to somewhere in the 1-3 Transdermal Patches (20-60mgs of CBD) per day, with higher doses for sleep, therapeutic effects and “flare ups”. Each individual is different, so it may take a bit of trial and error to find the right dosage for you.
4. Will CBD cause me to fail a drug test?
As our Transdermal CBD Patches are THC free current drug test will reflect the absence of THC. However the safest thing to do is to either ask your employer/Dr.
This is probably the most important question that I answer. You must protect yourself, ask questions, ask to see lab reports. Our company produces a quality product and has lab reports to back our Transdermal CBD Patches. In the reports you can find things such as: CBD %, THC %, residual solvent content, heavy metals, etc. There are many products out there that have been tested privately revealing low levels to no CBD, higher than legal amounts of THC and all sorts of nasty things you do not want in your body. As with any thing else in life, you get what you pay for. You are taking CBD for the health of your body, make sure it has nothing in it that will harm you and don’t make a decision on CBD because it’s cheap.
6. Are people becoming addicted to hemp and CBD?
No. Since there is very little THC in CBD, 0% THC in our Transdermal CBD Patches there’s nothing to get addicted to. You may be addicted to the benefits, but since they come from an all-natural and healthy source, that’s a good thing.
7. Do Transdermal CBD Patches have any side effects?
Side effects from CBD are not common, but some individuals who take high doses may experience lightheadedness, dry mouth, upset stomach, diarrhea and/or sedation. If you experience any unpleasant side effects, try decreasing the dose.
When introducing any new supplement, it’s always best to start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you find an optimal dose that is effective for your particular needs. Sometimes the adhesive on the Transdermal CBD Patch can leave a mark on the skin.
8. What are the Benefits of Transdermal CBD Patches?
Transdermal CBD patches provide a whole host of benefits over most other methods of cannabis consumption.
Here are just a few of those benefits.
- Transdermal CBD Patches are discreet – If you’re looking for a discreet way to get your CBD without popping pills or dripping tincture under your tongue.
- Transdermal CBD patches make it possible to deliver just CBD specifically. When you smoke a joint, you’re getting a whole mix of different cannabinoids. With the CBD patch, you only get CBD, so the medicinal effects will be stronger.
- Transdermal CBD patches release CBD slowly over a number of hours (four to six on average). That means that the medicinal effects last at least that long. This is in stark contrast to other methods of consumption (like oils or isolates), which peak quickly and then taper off.
- Transdermal CBD Patches offer a more effective Delivery method – Your stomach and your lungs are very good at preventing chemicals from entering your bloodstream. That’s great when you’ve ingested or inhaled something harmful, but not so great when you’ve ingested or inhaled something beneficial (like CBD).Your body really can’t tell the difference between the malign and the benign — it just goes about doing its job diluting and filtering everything you put in. In the case of CBD, that means you need to ingest or inhale quite a bit (relatively speaking, of course) before enough gets through to have an effect.But with a CBD patch, you bypass both of these filtering organs so more of the CBD makes it into your bloodstream. That means you need less CBD to feel the effects.
- Transdermal CBD patches are among the easiest CBD products to take…and take off – Think about smoking a CBD joint. You’ve first got to roll the joint, which usually entails grinding the bud, struggling with rolling papers, and making sure the joint is sealed. This can take anywhere from five to 20 minutes (or more) depending on your experience and skill. Who wants to wait that long? Edibles are a bit better, but there’s still work involved. You’ve got to mix up the recipe, sometimes cook or bake it, and then eat it. That’s a lot of steps to get to the CBD relief you need. Talk about effort! Sheesh! But with a Transdermal CBD patch, all you have to do is apply it to your skin and you’re good to go. That’s the kind of simplicity we’re looking for. Why can’t everything be that easy?And if you don’t like what you’re feeling from the Transdermal CBD patch, just peel it off to stop the effects. You can’t do that with edibles or inhalants. Once you put a pot brownie or a bong hit in your system, there’s no going back. You can’t unring that bell.
- Transdermal CBD Patches provide accurate and consistent dosage – Unless you’re taking pills, accurate dosing can be difficult to gauge. Edibles are quick, easy, and discreet, but the dosing can be hit or miss sometimes. One brownie might give you the pain relief you need, while the very next brownie might do nothing but add to your waistline. And how in the world can you estimate the proper dose with a joint or bong hit? It’s going to take some serious science to accurately calculate the amount of CBD that survives the heat you apply. But a Transdermal CBD patch delivers an accurate dose all the time, every time. You really can’t say that about most of the readily available ways to get CBD into your system.